Tuesday 25 November 2014

Tablet case

It's been awhile since I've posted a sewing project (been awhile since I've actually DONE a sewing project lol)  Here is something I made this week:

This is my new tablet case/cover for my Samsung tab 2.

I initially started following a tutorial I found in a magazine which was all well and good up till a point. The problem with magazine tutorials is that they can be scarce on details so they can fit it all on one page and lack decent photos illustrating tricky bits.

After I ironed the fusible volume fleece on both the outer fabrics (a step the tutorial neglected to mention) I went freestyle and made
the rest of the tablet case the way I make my little zipped purses.


Having never made anything with a flap before this took 2 tries and a lot of unpicking he he.







Its not perfect, the button is off centre and the flap inside fabric is not sewn in places, but it does its job of keeping my tablet nice and cosy. Its not too tight nor baggy around the tablet. With any luck it shouldn't fall apart just yet lol.







I've had this fabric lying around since April and I was dying to do something with it, I know its not going to stay white for long but the fabric is just so pretty. It's called Herb garden by Prestigious textiles if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...